Mundane & Boring Life: Another Customer Svc Complaint

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Another Customer Svc Complaint

This was posted in Hardwarezone.com Forums under Motorola User Group.

************************************************************************

Hi,

I am really disappointed with Motorola Service Center. A few months back, we bought a Motorola E1070 mobile phone that is very good in features from SingTel Hello Shop. 5 days later, the phone's internal camera is spoilt. I brought back to Hello Shop and they said no such thing as 1 to 1 exchange within 7 days of purchase. How ridiculous. That is so bad, because I got a faulty device. 5 days and it is spoil. Then, I brought to Motorola Service Center, left it there for 2 days to get it repaired, and brought back all looks ok. Then, the screen started having problems, they need to change the motherboard etc. To date I have sent the phone for repair 4x and it is really damn annoying.

Then, the battery started to get low batt, even after a recharge. I brought back to Motorola yesterday and they told me they suspect is corrosion. How come? The phone got corroded in such a short period of time! And the best thing Motorola Service Center did is:

1. They have no copies of my warranty card, despite the fact they took away the copies earlier.

2. They can't check all my past complains on the phone, despite giving my IC number!

3. They told me to sign a disclaimer, that they will clean up the phone if corroded, but they cannot guarantee that the phone is usable when they return the phone to me! Imagine that! They will take my phone that is currently working (despite the low battery issue), and then they will repair it, and then will return a non-working phone to me, and I must sign the disclaimer. In fact, it will also void the warranty. The supervisor came and said the same thing!

It really infuriates me for such a bad service from Motorola. In fact, their phone has a corrosion indicater, something I never seen in my Ericsson or Nokia phones! Shows that the materials used by Motorola are bad that they even have to add a corrosion indicater, their phones can get corroded easily.

I will never ever buy a Motorola phone again! What a regret! If you look at the Motorola Service Center at Plaza Singapura, you will see that the queue is long. One of the visits there, I encountered a man who was so angry with the counter saying how many times he has to send his phone there for repairs!

Motorola really needs to improve their quality in phones.