Mundane & Boring Life: Life Of A Singaporean

Friday, January 5, 2007

Life Of A Singaporean

Singaporean life???

Hai Ya (Sigh!) ....it's never easy to be S'poreans.... Just take a look at the below passage, humorous but that's reality!

I am Ong Ah Bee living in Kampong Chai Chee.
Life used to be simple and HAPPY
I worked hard in my STUDIES
I learned A-B-C, and everything from 1, 2, and 3.
Primary school was quite easy I passed PSLE.

Then I went to SECONDARY.
The subjects include HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY Physics, Biology and CHEMISTRY.
After O levels I went to JC. I was quite LUCKY.

This is a small humid tropical COUNTRY Surrounded by unknown potential ENEMIES.
Boys turned 18 must go to ARMY. After that we must continue our Studies.

The girls can just sit back, relax, and watch TV.

No one lives on free meals or depends on CHARITY. I had no money to go to University or Poly. So I went to work at a FACTORY. Trying to earn a little lousy SALARY. After CPF and INCOME TAX, I have just enough money to buy ROTI and ride in MRT.

Colleagues at work used to be FRIENDLY. Always treat me to tea and COFFEE. Somehow they turned FISHY Passing bad remarks about me Telling everybody I am LAZY.

My bosses show me no SYMPATHY Mumbling over my shoulder daily : "HURRY, HURRY and HURRY !"

Accusing me of always trying to get MC. But my sickness was due to over stretch OT. Going home after midnight by TAXI and They pay me only bus fee.

I Park-Tor and became STEADY Finally had to MARRY. I lost money holding Wedding Dinner PARTY Cheeky friends donating only cheap PANTY.

After marriage, nothing was EASY. In one year, I became DADDY. I can't support my family and our BABY.

Being tied down for life to repay HDB and rising monthly utilities to PUB. My bank account has NO MONEY.

POSB balance is almost EMPTY. DBS wants to charge me EXTRA FEE. Insisting that "Nothing is FREE!"

So I moonlight as KARANG GUNI

Many times I want to jump into the sea to MATI. But that is not EASY.

My wife cries: "Who is going to support me and our BABY?"

so I can't MATI.

I went to seek assistance from the MP His reply was simple and easy:
"Vote for me, vote for me, vote for me".

He never tell me any convincing Policy.